A very wet start to the week so let’s take a look at the Phuket Weather the week ahead. The Phuket Weather Forecast through to Thursday is looking variable the southwest monsoon prevails over the Andaman Sea, Thailand and the Gulf of Thailand will potentially strengthen as we move through Tuesday and into Wednesday.
Below we cover expected temperatures, precipitation or rain, humidity, wind and a weather outlook all backed up with Live Radar.
Fairly widespread thundershowers and isolated heavy to very heavy rains in Phang Nga, Phuket, and Krabi. Minimum temperature 23-25 °C. Maximum temperature 27-32 °C.
Phuket Weather the week ahead is live and updates automatically.
This week’s temperature and an idea of how warm or cool it will be throughout the week and help you plan your activities accordingly. Looking forward to this week ahead it is looking like a damp week ahead of Tuesday’s top temperature at 27 Centigrade.
The wind has backed off today but starts to pick up with 10 to 11 knots through to Wednesday. Showers are in store through Tuesday and into Wednesday. The wind Monday afternoon and now and variable through Tuesday and into Wednesday from the West on Tuesday and gusting to 25 knots tomorrow morning.
Precipitation or the likelihood of rain or any other forms of precipitation is “the expected amount of rainfall in millimetres”. Wednesday and staying very much the same. Tuesday afternoon and through to Wednesday it is looking wet but no thundery showers. See the chart for more details to stay up to date with the Phuket Weather the week ahead.
At the start of the week, and tonight it is in the 80 % range and stays in the 80s overnight Monday and Tuesday. That, of course, will depend on the clouds and wind speed with some gusts predicted on Tuesday afternoon up to 23 knots. High humidity can make the weather feel more uncomfortable, even if the temperatures are not extremely high. Tuesday humidity is in the high 80% and air quality is good. Thursday it looks like no change and 100% cloud cover. We will update this report on Wednesday afternoon and hope for something better including some calm less wind and some sunshine.
The Phuket Weather Forecast Outlook.
The daytime temperature is at 27C according to our forecast and the overnight temperature is down to a cool 25C. Fingers crossed the rain won’t last long and conditions improve and we can look forward to having another decent week.
The air quality index is updated every hour and at 19:00 that’s 7 PM Monday showing Yellow and a moderate reading at 63 on the scale.
It is NOT a great time to get out on the water. Do take note of the lifeguards and the warning flags if you are swimming.
We continue with our daily updates here Monday to Friday on the website and on-air at Phuket FM Radio. Stay tuned to 91.5 FM and 102.5 FM Phuket Island radio for frequent updates and a daily Phuket Weather Forecast and outlook.
Phuket Weather the week ahead Tide Times
If you look for Phuket Tide tables, you will find updates for Tide Times for Phuket every month. We have September 2023 below.
Looking through the month with lots coming up and going on April and the Thai New Year have come and gone so why not check it out, and now we start to look forward to September and into the autumn period?
Suppose you are wondering or looking for things to do this week. Here are five things to do on a sunny day, and there’s also lots of updated Phuket Town and the Phuket Beaches information on this website.
10 tips for travellers or Phuket locals when reading this week’s weekly weather report
- Pack Accordingly: Based on the forecast, travellers should pack suitable clothing for the week. Light and breathable fabrics are ideal for hot and humid days, while a light jacket or umbrella might be necessary if rain is expected.
- Stay Hydrated: With high temperatures and humidity, it’s essential to stay hydrated. Travellers should carry a water bottle and drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
- Sun Protection: Sunscreen, sunglasses, and hats are crucial to protect against the strong tropical sun. Apply sunscreen regularly, especially if spending time outdoors.
- Plan Outdoor Activities Wisely: Check the forecast for rain or storms to plan outdoor activities accordingly. It might be better to schedule beach visits or water-based activities during days with lower chances of rain.
- Beach Safety: If heading to the beach, pay attention to the flag warning system for sea conditions. Red flags indicate dangerous currents, and it’s best to avoid swimming in such conditions.
- Keep an Eye on the Sky: Be aware of sudden weather changes, especially during the rainy season. Thunderstorms can develop quickly, so always be prepared to seek shelter if needed.
- Check for Local Events: Some outdoor events or festivals may be affected by the weather. Check with local organizers for any schedule changes due to forecasted conditions.
- Stay Informed: Keep updated with weather reports throughout the week, as conditions can change. Local news outlets or weather apps can provide real-time updates.
- Respect the Environment: During periods of heavy rain, avoid trekking or exploring sensitive natural areas to prevent soil erosion and damage to the environment.
- Drive Safely: If there’s heavy rain, be cautious while driving. Roads can become slippery, and visibility may be reduced, so drive at a safe speed and keep a safe distance from other vehicles.
By incorporating these tips into your weekly weather report for Phuket, readers will be better prepared and able to enjoy their time in this beautiful tropical destination safely and comfortably.