Let me share a small secret about Phuket Weather August and September.
If you ever wondered about the Phuket Weather in August, we have the latest information.
If you are planning to visit for sure, there is an extra warm welcome waiting for you, but what about the Phuket Weather in August?
Average Weather Conditions in August
August is part of the monsoon season in Phuket, so you can expect warm and humid weather with occasional rain showers. The average temperature during August ranges from 24°C (75°F) to 32°C (89.6°F). Rainfall is more frequent during this time, but showers are often short-lived and followed by periods of sunshine. It’s essential to be prepared for rain and bring appropriate rain gear and sunscreen for your family.
Fewer tourists mean better rates on everything, accommodation, tours, drinks, food and dining and of course, the daily temperature averages a steady 30+ degrees C.
Phuket Weather August average rain forecast.
As you will see, August is up there among some of the wettest months in Phuket, Thailand. However, over the summer months, from May to October, August is in fact the driest, of course, if you visit in February that would be different.
As many, especially the Brits, are obsessed with the weather and rain, it should be remembered that when it rains in the tropics, IT RAINS but the temperatures rarely drop below 27C in the daytime.
August average Daylight and Sunshine
So let us look at the sunshine and as you will see August can be hot, with an average of 5.6 hours of sunshine, similar to July and much better than June or September or even October which can be very wet.
However, that doesn’t mean days and days of rain and definitely not cold weather.
Summer Months in Phuket
Without going on and on about the Phuket Weather and the Weather Forecast, the fact is August and September can be wonderful.
If you are on a tight budget, you will find some amazing accommodation deals at this time.
In September, one of the wettest months, the weather can be very wet. However, it is never cold.
The water is warm, and the air temperature is around 30 Centigrade but do take care if you are swimming. There can be heavy waves and rip currents. TAKE NOTICE OF THE LIFEGUARDS.
Phuket weather August Tide Table
Here is the Phuket weather August Tide Table that you may download.
You are welcome to download it from the link above. You may see all the 2023 calendar months on Phuket TideTables.
We update the Phuket Weather every morning Monday to Friday and clicking the day below will take you to that day’s weather forecast.
There is so much to do if you are visiting Phuket anytime soon.
Planning your visit and a good place to start is to review our Phuket Province overview and take in the features of 20 of the best beaches in 2021 and the Sunday Walking Street market in Phuket Old Town.
Visiting Phuket with a young family can be a wonderful experience! Here are five ideas on things to do, and the best location to stay.
Things to Do with a Young Family in Phuket this August
- Patong Beach: Spend a day at Patong Beach, one of the most popular and family-friendly beaches in Phuket. Enjoy the soft sands, calm waters, and various water activities like swimming and building sandcastles. However visiting a beach Phuket weather August can have high winds and rough seas, so do take note of the lifeguards.
- Phuket Fantasea: Visit the Phuket Fantasea theme park, a cultural theme park that offers an entertaining blend of Thai culture and mythology. It includes a grand buffet, animal performances, and a Las Vegas-style theatrical show.
- Phuket Aquarium: Take your kids to the Phuket Aquarium to explore the marine life of the region. It’s an educational and enjoyable experience for both children and adults.
- Phi Phi Islands Tour: Embark on a family-friendly boat tour to the stunning Phi Phi Islands. Enjoy snorkelling, swimming, and exploring the beautiful islands and their crystal-clear waters. Before you book NOTE: Phuket weather August is still the monsoon season, so, before booking this excursion, it is important to check the sea conditions in the local area.
- Splash Jungle Water Park: Beat the heat at Splash Jungle Water Park. Your kids will love the water slides, lazy river, and other fun-filled water activities.
Here is the most recent update on Blue Tree Phuket.
Blue Tree Phuket is an entertainment and lifestyle complex in Phuket, Thailand. It offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors of all ages.
Blue Tree Phuket was designed to be a sustainable and family-friendly destination with a focus on water-based activities.
Some of the activities and features that were available at Blue Tree Phuket include:
- Water Park: A water park area with slides, splash zones, and pools suitable for both kids and adults.
- Lagoon and Activities: A large man-made lagoon for swimming and paddleboarding, as well as other water-based activities.
- Restaurants and Shops: There were various dining options and shops available to cater to visitors’ needs.
- Live Performances and Events: Blue Tree Phuket hosts live performances and events for entertainment.
Please note that the offerings and features of entertainment complexes can change over time, so I recommend checking the official website or recent reviews to get the most up-to-date information about Blue Tree Phuket and what it has to offer during your visit in August 2023.
Best Location to Stay in Phuket
For families, the best area to stay in Phuket is generally around the West Coast, Kamala Beach, Patong Beach or Karon Beach. These areas offer a wide range of family-friendly accommodation options, from resorts with kids’ clubs to spacious family suites. Additionally, these areas have easy access to restaurants, shops, and entertainment options suitable for all ages